Social Service History (1)
Social activities' name:
Support and assistance center for moral and social rehabilitation of people in prison.
Displayed activities' description and their work methodologies:
- Counseling activities and therapy:
- prisoners' moral - educational counseling accomplished by courses.
- meetings with inmates and debates on specific themes within the precinct of the penitentiary.
- mail counseling with prisoners accomplished by a group of volunteers trained on this direction.
- Activities which have as purpose the prevention and the restriction of difficulty and vulnerability situations that may end in social isolation or social expulsion:
- meetings with groups of teenagers and young people with the purpose of presenting the consequences of delinquency acts and behavior.
- recently released prisoners who speak about their life experiences.
- documentary movies which present life behind bars, their risk elements, their rehabilitation odds. ( ex. “Transformed Lives”).
- recreation activities, special events for a group of teenagers and young people from a street environment.
- activities accomplished in cooperation with different associations for preventing delinquency.
- Self-consciousness and social sensitizing activities:
- a program for e-mail which allows the community to initiate contacts with the inmates; the program is mediated by Rescue Foundation.
- community informing campaigns concerning the needs of the prisoners and the necessity of community involvement in their rehabilitation.( ex. “ The inner change” book collecting campaign).
- experience exchange for some of the staff in Romanian judicial/detention system in Denmark, in order to see the European standards and find proper ways to achieve and apply them in our country.
- fund-raising – informing the guests about the Rescue activities in Romanian prisons.
- Humanitarian Aid activities concerning the reducing of the daily imperative necessities for the inmates:
- at least once a year baling parcels with personal hygiene products, clothes and footwear for the inmates.
- donations of : computers, books, equipment for penitentiaries.
- equipment endowment of stomatology cabinets in penitentiaries.
- Activities centered on emotional support offering and activities which have the purpose of facilitating the social reintegration:
- entertaining activities : table tennis for people in detention, football matches, a room equipped for learning English
- endowment of two painting studios for prisoners.
- mediating the reconnection between the inmates right before their release and their families.
Published in Social Service History
West Ham football player at the Aiud Penitentiary
The Aiud Penitentiary's Maximum Security Penitentiary had a surprise visit from professional football players. They came from England and spent about ...
Thursday, 22 April 2021 11:48